About Dr. Kenler
Andrew S. Kenler, M.D. is a board certified General Surgeon and an Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery at Yale Medical School. He earned his medical degree from Cornell University Medical College in New York City, and completed his surgery training at the prestigious New England Deaconess Hospital, part of the Harvard Medical School system in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Kenler has been in practice in Connecticut since 1996. He is well known for his expertise in laparoscopic surgery and treatment of diseases of the breast. He offers his patients state-of-the-art care in an environment of compassion and understanding.
- Dr. Kenler is the first in Fairfield County to be certified by the American Society of Breast Surgeons in ultrasound guided and stereotactic guided biopsies of breast masses.
- Dr. Kenler's office is accredited by the American Society of Breast Surgeons in stereotactic guided breast biopsies.
- Dr. Kenler is the only surgeon in the state of Connecticut with an ultrasound suite and stereotactic machine in his own private office.
- Dr. Kenler is the principal investigator at Bridgeport Hospital of the ACOSOG Z1072 phase 2 cryoablation of cancer trial.
- Dr. Kenler is the only surgeon in Connecticut performing cryoablation of benign and malignant breast masses.
- Dr. Kenler is the first surgeon in the state to perform a laparoscopic hernia repair utilizing tackless mesh (Parietex ProGrip™).
- Dr. Kenler is the first breast surgeon in the state to adopt the know error® DNA diagnostic testing system to aid in biopsy evaluation, giving an added measure of patient safety and diagnostic accuracy.
- Dr. Kenler is the first breast surgeon in Fairfield County using the Intact® Breast Lesion Excision System to perform minimally invasive lumpectomies as a quick office-based procedure.